Language Translator

Thursday, December 7, 2006

Medecine for Health Care

Taking a medicine is one of the way to take care of your health. Medicine is not only being taken after you get a desease. because prevent is better than cure. When you are prescribed a new medication, ask your doctor or pharmacist the following questions:

-What is the name of the medicine? What is it supposed to do?

-Is it okay to substitute a less-expensive generic medicine for the name brand? Will it achieve the same effect?

-What is the dose of the medicine? Are there food, drinks, other medicines, or activities I should avoid while taking this medicine?

-What are the possible side effects of the medicine? What should I do if they occur?

-How many refills of this prescription can I get?

-What should I do if I miss a dose?

-What should I do if I accidentally take more than the recommended dose?

-Is there any written information I can take home with me?
(Most pharmacies have information sheets that you can use as an at-home reference.)

No comments: